Secondlife’s [ROCK YOUR RACK] Event NEEDS Sponsors , SL Designers, SL Volunteers
Written by DarkstarRadio on July 6, 2022
Rock Your Rack 2022 presented by Models Giving Back is rapidly approaching. This year’s two week event will take place from October 1 – October 16, 2022.
The theme for our 10th Annual Event is ” Takin’ It To The Streets”.
As always we will have a variety of fashion related and entertainment related activities as well as art. This is not just a women’s fashion event!
We are currently looking for Media Partners, Sponsors, Designers to partner with us to make this year’s event a success and
out-do our $8000 USD donation from last year to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
There is no fee to be a media partner for this event, all we ask is that you help us with the following items:
- Spread the word when the different levels of registration open for the event – this can be via FB, social media, an AD in your publication, inworld groups
- Advertise leading up to the opening of the event – Place our monthly RYR AD (it changes month to month) from May through October into your publication.
- Spread the word in social media, and inworld groups upon opening of the event.
- Anything else you feel would be helpful to our fundraising efforts – interviews, articles etc. We will provide you early access on Media Day as well for photos.
In Exchange for this – we as Rock Your Rack/MGB will provide the following for you –
- Listing as Media Partner on our official website https://rockyourrack.wordpress.com
- Placement of your Logo on ALL official AD’s for the 2022 event (can’t promise this will happen for partners joining after July 31)
- Placement of your Magazine/information giver at the Landing point of the event
- Mention in the opening of all fashion shows held during the event as a media partner
- Placement of your Logo in The shopping areas/runway/DJ Dance Party areas on media partner designated boards.
SECONDLIFE DESIGNER REGISTRATION INFO:
Theme for 2022 – Takin’ It To The Streets
Items created for this event do not have to specifically fit a breast cancer theme or the “Takin’ It To The Streets” theme. The theme will be used for decorating and the general aura of the event.
Link to Register: https://tinyurl.com/RYR22DESIGNER
Requirements for 2022:
1 – Exclusive item – an item that is not for sale anywhere else during the time of the event and has never been sold by you or given away by you previously. It must be new.
Designer keeps 100% of sales of Exclusive Item
1 – Limited Edition Item – Gives 100% to the charity – this is to be marked clearly as a 100% donation item in your booth, and can be a remake of an old favorite or a new item if the designer prefers. This item will be retired after this event.
1 – 10L Hunt Item – Gives 100% to the charity – can be any item of the designer’s choosing.
1) You must make your own product (mesh) or visibly alter templates to make them your own. Simple re-texture of a known template will not be accepted for this event. (altering means adding something to the template ie: ruffle, bow, ribbon that isn’t part of the template normally, or including other pieces such as a jacket or shrug, or combine two different ones for a set).
2) Everyone must be set up by Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 6 PM SLT. If you are not set up by this time, you are assessed a late set up donation to unlock your booth and be allowed to set up.
3) Media will have access to the event Friday,September 30th all day. Sponsor groups will have 12 hour assigned early access on either Thursday, September 29 or Friday, September 30, 2022.
4) Designers must stick to their prim limit. Additional prims may be purchased for an additional donation amount. Prims must remain inside your assigned booth.
5) Registration fees are due and payable upon receipt of your acceptance and confirmation. Payments are to be made to ModelsGivingBack Resident . Registration Fees must be paid within 7 days of acceptance or your registration will be cancelled. Payment arrangements will be made on a case by case basis. Please ask before your register if you will need an arrangement.
*Refunds may be given in extreme circumstances and are up to the discretion of the event organizers. HOWEVER no refunds will be given after August 31st for any reason.
***Do NOT send any booth fees until you have been accepted, upon which instructions will be given on how to pay fees.
6.) You will need space for a group. Only members of this group will be permitted on the sim during set up times. This group will also be required during the entire term of the event to stay up on all announcements and information.
7) All prims must be located on the inside of your store. We will place your logo on the outside.
8) Limited script usage is ALLOWED. The only scripts allowed for this event are: NETWORKED VENDORS and SIMPLE SPLIT SCRIPT. Please do not place scripted subscribos, group joiners, note givers, or landmark givers in your store. These will be returned. It is possible for you to give notecards and landmarks by placing the items in a box and setting the box for sale for 0L. No hover-texts, or texts on a vendor that show through a wall into the adjoining booth will be tolerated. Performance Scripts should be used with Caspervendors or other vendor systems to minimize lag.
9) To help cut down on lag, we ask that all items placed in your store be set to phantom if possible. Please do not rez mesh items to act as your vendor, they will be returned to you.
10) The sim rating will be moderate. However, we are asking that care be exercised to not offend potential guests to the event with material that is adult in nature. . This means all vendors must have private parts covered and there should be no photos of anything obviously sexual in nature.
11) Rock Your Rack has official bloggers for the event. We ask but do not require that you send your new releases for the event out to the official bloggers either through group notices OR personally.
12) No copyright infringement material is allowed. If found in violation of this, your items will be immediately returned to you, with the strong possibility of also being removed completely from the event.
13) Stores are filled on a first come first served basis. If we have too many applicants, you will be placed on a waiting list in the order you signed up. We will try to accommodate you as much as possible but with the number of creators that SL has, it will be difficult to make everyone happy. We do realize this and we would like to apologize in advance if you do not get the exact placement that you hoped for. We do have options available for additional donation for prime locations near the landing point and the entertainment venues.
SECOND LIFE ENTERTAINMENT REGISTRATION INFO:
Rock Your Rack 2022 is now open for Entertainer Registration! We have a variety of venues within the event for various forms of entertainment from Live Singers, to DJ’s to Tribute Bands. We are currently open for applications/registration for All forms of entertainment. All entertainment is volunteering of their time to help raise funds and awareness for the charity.
The 10th annual Rock Your Rack event brings together Music, Art and Fashion to help raise funds and awareness for early detection of one of the largest issues in the lives of Women across the world. With October being National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the annual Rock Your Rack event is timed perfectly for the annual push to try and help this disease be diagnosed early which has been proven to increase survival rates in both Men and Women diagnosed with the disease.
I would like to personally invite you to sign up and participate as one of our amazing Musicians for the 10th Annual Rock Your Rack event coming in October. Registration closes July 31st or as soon as all slots are filled. The Event runs October 1 – October 16 We are looking for Live Musicians to help draw crowds into the sims to enjoy the entertainment, art gallery and fashion shopping that all support the cause.
If you would like to partner with us please contact Jamee Sandalwood inworld (secondlife) via Notecard.
Please visit our website which has much of the information from last year’s event sill in the archives and see if partnering with us is something you feel works for your publication. We would love to have you as part of the Media presence for this year’s event.
If you have questions, please contact Jamee Sandalwood for more information.
Thank you for your consideration and assistance with this very worthy cause –
Models Giving Back CEO
Rock Your Rack Founder